Many communities depend upon natural resource businesses for income, employment, infrastructure, services and facilities, health and education, and ultimately, survival. However, the environmental impact of these businesses requires careful and responsible management.
As a result, mining companies need to foster strong partnerships and implement effective, responsible strategies to address critical social, infrastructure and environmental needs within Brazil and the local communities surrounding the mining enterprise. Every mining organisation must do its utmost to benefit the communities wherein they exist, be effective caretakers of the environment and, through these practices make their businesses more sustainable.
BBX is dedicated to becoming the leading example.
Our key areas of focus are:
- Community acceptance of BBX projects
- Utilise local labour and businesses whenever possible
- Support local community-based projects and infrastructure
Environmental Impact and Improvements
- Place a high priority on environmental impact studies
- Strive for the least impact possible on the environment
- Improve standards by implementing international best practice
- Work closely with the citizens and leaders of the communities most effected
- Maintain full and honest communications with the community
- Actively stay involved in community programmes including health and education